Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy 5th Anniversary

5 years ago today Chris and I said I DO!!!! I wish I had pictures on my computer of our wedding day so I could post some but our old computer crashed and my pictures from 2005 crashed with it!!

Our wedding was PERFECT! It had rained the morning of our wedding but had stopped by the time I headed to the church around 11:30 after the ceremony it was still nice out so we could get pictures taken outside at a park. That was really the only thing I wanted on my wedding day, pictures outside :)

5 years later things sure are different. We celebrated our anniversary with Chris taking Kiley to the Dr because she had a really high fever last night that we couldn't get to go under 100. She only sleep off and on for about 4 hours during the night, she was tossing and turning and crying. In the morning I took her to my mom's before I went to work and she was acting like her throat was hurting her, so I called the Dr and they go her in around 3:30. I was sure Chris and I would be eating fast food for dinner and attending to our baby girl. I called my mom around lunch time and she said Kiley was acting lots better, no fever and she was eating a little. Chris called me around 3 when he was on the way to the Dr and said Dr Henderson is gonna think I'm crazy for bringing her in, she is acting FINE!!! Her strep test was negative but she does have blisters on the back of her throat and she was acting just fine so Chris and I were able to enjoy a wonderful dinner.

We went to a restaurant on the north side called Sullivan's, its a steak house and it is OH SO GOOD!!! We had an appetizer of steakhouse egg rolls...delicious, then I had an iceberg lettuce wedges with blue cheese dressing and Chris had a lobster bisque. For our entree we both got steak of course and you order your sides as a family order, we decided on asparagus and 3 cheese white cheese mac-n-cheese. Because we were celebrating our 5th anniversary they gave us dessert for FREE, we got a chocolate souffle. I was so full after I ate my salad but it was so GOOD that I finished all of my meal. Well I brought half of my steak home and we brought home half of our sides. I told Chris he was going to have to roll me out of there.

It was such a nice dinner, the whole time we where there I just kept thinking "has it really been 5 years??" So much has changed in the last 5 years, we have 2 amazing daughters and our marriage is stronger then it has ever been! I love you so much hubby! What is really crazy is that we have been together for a total of 9 years!!! I can't wait to see what the next 5 years has in store for us!!!



1 comment:

  1. Glad your evening was nice....Did you get to read your wedding jars....

    ReplyDelete