Tuesday, August 3, 2010

18 months

So I'm a little late on this post but at least I'm getting it posted!! I'm not exactly sure how it is possible that my baby girl is 18 months but it is!! Kiley is weighing in at 25 1/2 lbs and standing 33 inches tall :)

Kiley has been so funny lately, she giggles all the time for no reason. Every time she laughs she wrinkles her nose and it is just the cutest face ever. She loves to give "knucks" exploding "knucks" at that, complete with sound effects. "Knucks" are just hitting your knuckles together.

Kiley is not much of a talker unless the word is no or no no no no no or even nooooooooooooo!!
She will say Mommy, Daddy, Gog for dog, yep, gac-gas (glasses), hi, up, go and every once in a while we get a Mawmaw and Pawpaw. I'm not to concerned about her not talking because she still communicates to us very well and understands things we tell her. If we ask her to get a diaper she does, or tell her to put her drink in the sink she will. So in time she will start to talk but until then I'm enjoying the silent Kiley :)

This little 1 1/2 year old sure does have a temper! If she doesn't get what she wants she will scream and cry and sometimes kick and if she has a toy in her hand you better watch out because most likely that toy is getting launched!! I'm not sure how to get control over this because it is new to me. Right now we are placing her in time out. I put her in time out and I tell her to sit there until she is done crying and when she wants to dry her tears she may get up. I leave her there for about a minute and when I go back to her I say are you done? are you gonna dry your tears and she will look at me with her bottom lip out and shake her head yes and wipe away her tears :) Its working for now so I'm gonna continue using that method.

Kiley is a great eater, unlike her big sister! Kiley eats everything, this summer her favorite thing has been corn on the cob and potato salad. She had steak for the first time a few nights ago and chowed on it. I love having a child that eats food :) its great and not to mention super easy!!!

It makes me sad to think that in 6 months I will be celebrating her 2nd birthday :( I have no idea where the past 18 months have gone but I do know I have LOVED every second of being Kiley Maureen's mommy. I can't imagine my life without 2 little girls in it, God has blessed me beyond measure!!

This is my baby girl 1 year ago...look at how bald she was!!! I'm so happy that she has HAIR :)

No comments:

Post a Comment