Sunday, September 5, 2010

Perfect weekend...

The weather here has been AMAZING!!!! It has been in the 70's, sunny and a breeze, I think that sums up PERFECT!!! We have had the windows open and letting in all the freshness. I love having windows open, I like to get the smell out of the house :)

We have been in the house a lot lately because it has been so hot, but also because of Chris' back. His back was so bad it was hard for us to go do things because he couldn't walk, sit, or stand. The only thing that helped was to lay flat on the floor. Chris had surgery on Aug 24 to remove the bulging disc and now he is better then ever!!!! So we wanted to take advantage of having Chris back this weekend also!!

Friday night we went to the Plainfield High School football game. Chris and I haven't been to a game since we were Seniors in high school. It was fun to go back to the old stomping grounds, well kinda, they have a new high school, but it was still fun! The Quakers won the game 17-14 :)

On Saturday we went to Anderson Orchard to pick apples. The girls had never picked apples before but they loved every minute of it! We picked apples, hung from trees, hung upside down from trees, enjoyed cider slushies, elephant ears and fried biscuits with apple butter. When we got home me and the girls made homemade applesauce :) I'm very proud of myself, I'm not much of a cook (I'm not a cook at all) but my applesauce turned out SO yummy!!!!

The girls are napping now and when they get up we are off to the park!

What a perfect weekend!!!! Enjoy the pics from the orchard :)














No comments:

Post a Comment